Contact

Contact: rloznak@gmail.com. All images are copyrighted.

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Giant Nutria

APRIL 1, 2012- I shot photos yesterday of a giant nutria surfacing in the duck pond at Stewart Park in Roseburg, Ore. A woman was apparently injured when she was knocked and gnawed by the rodent of unusual size. The city is now offering a $10,000 reward for the animal, dead or alive. The local paper picked up my photos, but I don't see the story on their website.
City officials quickly installed new signs at the park.

UPDATE 4/3/12: I let The News-Review in Roseburg use my pictures in the April Fools' edition and apparently they got calls from one or more terrified readers who didn't notice the big "April Fools' Special Edition" banner and believed my Photoshopped nutria was actually rampaging through Roseburg. The News-Review published an explanation on page 2 yesterday.


No comments:

Post a Comment