Contact

Contact: rloznak@gmail.com. All images are copyrighted.

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Newt Crossing

A rough-skinned newt pauses while crossing a country road near Elkton, Ore., on Saturday, March  3, 2012. The rough-skinned newt produces a particularly potent form of toxin.  It's been reported that one rough-skinned newt contains enough toxin to kill 17 people if it were to be evenly divided and eaten. The rough-skinned newt is found in primarily coastal areas of western North America from central California to Alaska.

Yes, I moved him/her to the side of the road after taking a few pictures.  Anyone who has been watching my blog for a while will notice I seem so shoot a lot of critters crossing this road.  It's just in my nature to look for creatures while I'm driving.  Maybe someday I'll get a shot of bigfoot on the road.
The newt stood perfectly still for about 3 minutes while I was shooting. Maybe he figured I wouldn't see him if he didn't move.

 My newt photo was picked up by msnbc.com for their weekly Animal Tracks gallery.

No comments:

Post a Comment