Contact

Contact: rloznak@gmail.com. All images are copyrighted.

Monday, June 7, 2010

Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill

I had no jobs planned this week in Oregon so on Friday I decided to buy a plane ticket and come out to cover the Deepwater Horizon oil spill. After a red-eye into New Orleans I drove down to the coast and arrived on Grand Isle about 2 p.m.
An oil coated brown pelican flies low over the waters of the Gulf of Mexico off the coast of Grand Isle, Louisiana on Monday, June 7, 2010.

Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal gives a press briefing in Grand Isle.
Many residents are very angry about the spill.
My photos are being represented by Zuma Press.
So far I have not seen any incapacitated wildlife. I'm working on getting a boat ride out to the hard hit islands near Grand Isle. The officials were not so friendly today, so I'm not sure if I'll get the access.


Be sure to check out more of my award winning photography. 
I also have prints of many of my animal and nature pictures available here.


No comments:

Post a Comment